Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Stop! Thief!

Well it seems my reputation precedes me. So popular is my face and so enlightened my opinions that I have now become a commodity worth stealing. Through some aimless internet searching the other day, I was amused to discover that a Czech gaming website, Zing, has stolen the title image from this very page for use in the blog section of their website. Below you can see my likeness, gazing out serenely from my new vantage point within the Czech internet. And what a view she is too. From here I can see the exact centre of the internet, SOPA looming evil and menacingly like a thunderstorm about to drop some tornadoes on a small town, where Valve have hidden Morgan Freeman all this time and a interesting trail of footprints leading from my blog to this site..


I must say I am flattered, although the shameless nature of the theft and the fact they didnt even bother to change it in anyway suggests a level of arrogance, or else a stupid hope that I would simply never notice... The latter of which I guess is reasonable as my Czech is as about as good as my Klingon and Id have no reason to ever go browsing this website.. I duno, Im not too sure what the best course of action to be is with this one. Honestly I do not mind and in fact I kinda like it, however I believe some credit or recognition should be given for making their blog section so god damn handsome.

So I think I'll send them a little message asking for a link to my blog be added to the site. They can keep my picture if they want, I may even offer to do a new one for them. We shall see, before any action can be taken I need to find the contact section of Zing, which could prove a little tricky. I'll need to recruit the help of some of my Czech friends with this one. Ill post up the exchange if its worth the attention. Watch this space :)



2 comments:

  1. Ha, the least they could have done was some kind of language translation. And if google translate does what it's supposed to it should look something like this: 'geekologie a hloupý'

    ReplyDelete
  2. yesh, well i dont think geekology or nerdonometry are words in the english language either

    ReplyDelete