Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sculptris & 3D Modelling

I must say I am very excited about this 3D modelling class. I was very impressed by Sculptris and what can be done with it. While I have some 3D experience from my undergrad days namely in Solidworks, this program would struggle to create the smooth organic shapes that comes so naturally from Sculptris.

3DS is another story. Its been on my laptop in one form or another for years now but everytime iv opened it its been so scary and complicated looking Iv just abandoned even attempting to learn it. So I am glad we've finally begun a 3D class with what seems like a competent and decent lecturer so far. I look forward to shrugging off the heavy cloak of ignorance I have worn for too long and getting into creating some cool things like space ships and impulse engine manifolds :)

In the mean time I plan to churn out lots of heads in Sculptris, aliens, demons, human and anything else i can come up with. This will be a cool new tool for me and something I hope I can get quite good at.

My first serious attempt at Sculptris, your standard demonoid monstrosity!



No comments:

Post a Comment