Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Flight of Fleance - Beta Completed

So at last, after anuver busy day, I have finished the beta of Flight of Fleance. As I had mentioned in my character presentation, Macbeth is a dark and violent tale. There is frequent murder and cruelty throughout the play. There is also an overall sense of evil and of supernatural forces thanks to the witches and various ghosts and visions. So with this in mind, I tried to give the whole game a more dark and ominous look. Implements of torture and death are everywhere as well as the remains of those who displeased the new king. Iv also added some background music, although its not that evil, i think it works well for this project.

I am overall happy with my game, even though there are still some issues. For some reason, my character has a tendency to get stuck on corners of objects, requiring maniacal jumping to dislodge. I have tried all of the different masking options and messed with the collision detection both to no avail. Also, Gamemaker is a bit strange when it comes to using the correct sprites, especially when the character is running. So get ready to see your character occasionally remain motionless while running. Other than that, I think its a reasonable first effort with Gamemaker. Please have a go and let me know what you think.

Remember, try to avoid corners, tap the arrow keys if your character remains motionless and watch out for the swords. The levels increase in difficulty as the game progresses and apples give you some much needed health. Thats it! Enjoy

YoYoGames
Screen_2

Flight of Fleance
Added: 13 December 2010
By: Teknocrat

2 comments: